China -  Chinese law firm

Can I post advertising on my licensed website? Do I require an advertising license?

China has been considering the registration of online advertising. On February 24, 2000, the SAIC (State Administration of Industry and Commerce) released a notice calling for 20 information technology enterprises to be selected to conduct a trial registration of advertising activities on the Internet. In the trial, enterprises received an Advertising Operation License under this notice for a term of one year. Although, as of today, there are no specific rules regarding this issue, the SAIC may require such licenses in the future for entities conducting online advertising.

RSS Feeds