What is the FCPA?
The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, is a US Act enacted in 1977 to prohibit:
(1) Issuers, domestic concerns, and any person
(2) From making use of interstate commerce
(4) In furtherance of an offer or payment of anything of value
(5) To a foreign official, foreign political party, or candidate for political office
(6) For the purpose of influencing any act of that official in violation of the duty of that official or to secure any improper advantage in order to obtain or retain business.