What are the Annual individual income tax return requirements for residents and non-resident taxpayers?
The State Administration of Taxation (“SAT”) recently issued a provisional regulation to provide guidance for individuals to file their own annual income tax returns. According to the provisional regulation, an individual taxpayer must file an income tax return in the following circumstances:
· The individual’s annual income exceeds RMB120,000 (unless the individual is not a permanent resident in China and has resided in China for less than one tax year);
· The individual has two or more sources of employment income in China;
· The individual receives income from outside China (for those who is a permanent resident in China or those who is not a permanent resident in China but has resided in China for one year within a tax year);
· There is no withholding agent for income received by the individual; or
· In any other circumstances stipulated by the State Council.