A trademark registration will face the risk of cancellation by the Chinese Trademark Office if:
- The registrant alters unilaterally any word, device or their combination of a registered trademark;
- Where the name, address or other registered matters concerning the registrant of a registered trademark are changed unilaterally;
- Where the registered trademark is assigned unilaterally;
- Where the registered trademark has ceased to be used for three consecutive years.
- Regarding those trademarks stand in violation of the provision of Article (8) of the Trademark Law, or the registrations acquired by fraud or any other unfair means, the Trademark office shall cancel the trademark registration; and any other organization or individual may request the Trademark Review and Adjudication Board to make an adjudication to cancel such a registration.