1. It allows the registration of trademarks, including 3-dimensional marks, color marks and service marks.
2. It provides additional protection to owners of well-known trademarks.
3. It provides protection for the subject of the pending trademark application which is already used in China.
4. It provides the option to appeal the decision of the Trademark Review & Adjudication Board (TRAB) to the relevant Chinese courts.
5. It provides the opportunity for applicants to view evidence submitted by the other parties.
6. It offers the opportunity to apply for an interim injunction and/or an order for preservation of evidence.