China -  Chinese law firm

If a foreign registrant of its Chinese Trademark registration intends to license its WFOE or JV to use its registered trademark, shall both parties fulfill trademark license procedure?

The answer is affirmative. As the rights of the foreign registrant are acquired according to Chinese Trademark Law, and the WFOE or JV are Chinese legal entities, both parties shall sign a trademark license contract and apply for recordation of the license with the Trademark Office within three months from conclusion of the license contract.

RSS Feeds