China -  Chinese law firm

Do I have to apply for a recordal for a license contract at the Chinese Trademark Office?

In China, after a trademark license contract is concluded, the licensor shall, within three months from conclusion of the license, submit a copy of the contract to the Trademark Office for recordal. The licensee shall submit another copy of the contract to the AIC (Administrative Authority for Industry and Commerce) at the county level of his location for reference.

Besides, in China, for a license contract to be able to apply for recordal, some contents are required by TMO, for example, the licensor should supervise the quality of the licensed goods (those bearing the licensed trademark) manufactured by the licensee; the licensee should indicate its name and address on the licensed goods; and how the reproduction of the licensed trademark is provided to the licensee, etc.

RSS Feeds