China -  Chinese law firm

How can I apply to Customs to seize goods infringing on my rights?

Once you are aware of infringing goods that will pass through Customs, you will need the following documentation when applying to the Customs officials for protection: 1) IP owner's ID and Customs certificate verifying the recordal; 2) A letter explaining what actions you wish Customs to take. It must be very explicit and clearly require the seizure of the suspected cargo; 3) The name, address, legal representative and main business address of the infringer; 4) The name, specifications and other information regarding the suspected infringing shipment, including importing or exporting time, port, transport tools, consignee and consignor; 5) Any other evidence of infringing activities; 6) Other information as required by Customs officials.

RSS Feeds