China -  Chinese law firm

What requirements exist for employing staff in a Foreign Representative Office in China?

In order to employ Chinese nationals in a Foreign Representative Office in China, the employer must obtain a registration certificate. In order to be granted this certificate, a number of formalities must be completed such as opening a bank account for foreign exchange, applying for direct telecommunication lines and securing a multiple entry visa for expatriate managers.

NB: The minimum ratio of Chinese staff to foreign staff in a RO is 1:1.

RSS Feeds