China -  Chinese law firm

What are the requirements for foreign employees to work in China?

Foreign nationals may work in the PRC only after obtaining Employment Permits and Residence Certificates except where they:

  • are a professional technician or management personnel employed directly by the Chinese Government;
  • hold a Foreign Expert Certificate issued by the Foreign Expert Bureau and are employed by state authorities or public institutions;
  • have specialized skills working in offshore petroleum operations without the need to go ashore and hold a Work Permit for Foreign Personnel Engaged in Offshore Petroleum Operations in the PRC; or
  • engage in commercial activities with the approval of the Ministry of Culture and hold a permit to conduct temporary commercial activities.

RSS Feeds