China -  Chinese law firm

I just set up a WOFE in China. How can I employ Chinese employees? Can I directly enter into labor contract with them or must hire employees via intermediary companies?

To employ Chinese employees, you can directly sign a contract with them. Since JVs and WFOEs are established under Chinese law and regulations, they are considered as Chinese enterprises. According to Chinese laws and regulations, it is legal for Chinese enterprises to hire Chinese employees by directly entering into contract with them. There are no regulatory requirements in this aspect. However, for the representative offices of foreign enterprises, it is required that they hire employees via qualified intermediary companies such as FESCO and China International Interlectech.

RSS Feeds