- Q1: In July the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress released draft amendments for China's Labor Law, what is the mainly concern of these amendments?
- Provisions On Employment Services And Employment Administration (22/11/07)
- Working In China For Expatriates (25/04/07)
- Labor Contract Law (17/04/2007)
- Which government body is responsible for the administration of employment law in China?
- How shall employees take their paid annual leave?
- What legislation governs employment law in China?
- How can FIEs recruit local and foreign employees?
- Is there a minimum wage requirement in China?
- Are Chinese employees entitled to receive subsidies?
- What are the standard employment terms in China?
- Are there any employment restrictions that apply to local employees?
- How can I terminate the employment of a local employee?
- How can my employee terminate his or her employment with my company?
- How are labour disputes generally resolved in China?
- What are the requirements for foreign employees to work in China?
- What legislation governs the employment of foreign employees in China?
- Do the same employment laws and regulations apply to representative offices in China?
- Who is responsible for the decision of wage standards and adjustment of an enterprise?
- What are the components of workers' wages?
- What are the requirements for the time and means of payments?
- Are there any special requirements when the enterprises pay their workers? If so, what are they?
- Are there any requirements on the minimum amount of wage?
- How shall the enterprises pay the employee for the overtime work?
- What is social insurance under Chinese labor law?
- What are the social insurance responsibilities for enterprises?
- What requirements exist for employing staff in a Foreign Representative Office in China?
- Will I need to go through the Beijing Foreign Enterprise Services Corporation in order to employ local Chinese staff in my Foreign Representative Office??
- What is considered "unfair dismissal" in China?
- In the case of lawful dismissal, are there any types of compensation afforded to the dismissed employee?
- Joint venture companies and wholly foreign owned enterprises enjoy independent legal person status. How does this affect the recruitment process?
- In composing a contract of employment between employer and employee, what clauses must be included by law?
- Must the contract of employment be completed in Chinese?
- Is there a statutory probationary work period required by Chinese Law?
- Can I, as an employer, sign a probationary contract of employment with my prospective employees?
- How would a claim for "unfair dismissal" proceed in a Chinese court of law?
- Is there any scope for Foreign Human Resource Enterprises in China's business market?
- What forces are companies in China often faced with?
- What are important topics in Human Resources (HR) with regard to China?
- How does one best improve workforce quality?
- How do you best retain a talented workforce?
- My company plans to send some employees to the USA for training. Can I prevent them from switching companies after having received the training?
- I would like to hire a foreigner to work in my company. What are the relevant rules and guidelines concerning employment of a foreigner in China?
- Are there any regulations regarding employee transportation to and from work? I know that some employers provide for such benefits, but I am not aware that this is mandatory. Also, if I do provide transportation, am I liable if someone gets injured?
- Which issues should a foreign investor take into account when entering into labor contracts?
- I just set up a WOFE in China. How can I employ Chinese employees? Can I directly enter into labor contract with them or must hire employees via intermediary companies?
- In the procedure of reconstruction of the company, I need to transfer part of the employees into one of our affiliate companies. How can I do that? Do I need to compensate the employees for terminating them?
- I terminated an unqualified employee recently. He seems unsatisfied with the compensation I gave him and threatened to sue. Can you provide me some information as to how to settle labor disputes in China?
- What are the rules concerning housing fund contribution?
- Are there any exceptions to the new rules?
- What are the main changes being introduced by the Draft Labour Contract Law?
Click here for a Description of Our
Human Resources Practice