Foreign Legal Counsel
(86)(10) 8532 1919
(86)(10) 8532 1999
Areas of Practice
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education & Professional Background
- Cristiano Rizzi, graduated from the University of Milan in 1996 obtaining the political science degree and presenting the thesis on “Leverage buyout: its historical origins and its regulation in the Italian legal system”.
- Law degree - University of Parma with a dissertation on “Acquisitions and Takeovers in Italy”.
- L.L.M. in International Business Law - University of Exeter in Devon (UK) with a dissertation on the functioning of e-commerce in the EU
LL.M. in Spanish Law – Universidad de Valladolid (Valladolid, Spain) with a dissertation on International Arbitrage.
- LL.M. in Chinese Law – Peking University. Dissertation title: “Mergers and Acquisitions in the People’s Republic of China.: challenges to face in completing the transaction and the new merger control regime.”
- In 2006 he obtained the title of Abogado (i.e. Attorney at Law) following the master course (LL.M.) in Spanish Law at the University of Valladolid (Spain). He was admitted at the Spanish Bar in 2006 (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Salamanca).
- Mr. Rizzi subsequently obtained the admission at the Milan Order of lawyers of Milan (2007).
- From June 2000 he is Assistant, as honorary fellowship of Prof. Avv. Fabio Emilio Ziccardi teaching Private Comparative Law at the Department of International Studies at the University of Milan (Faculty of Political Science).
- After his experiences at “Chiomenti Law Firm” (Beijing office), and at “Strategia&Sviluppo” (Associate China) in assisting Italian companies wishing to establish a presence in China, from January 2013 he holds the position of Foreign Legal Counsel at Lehman, Lee & Xu.
Publications & Seminars
- Cristiano Rizzi published a series of academic articles in a prominent Italian Legal Journal (Diritto del Commercio Internazionale, Giuffre’ Editore) on the functioning of FDIs in China, and on different aspects of M&A.
- More recently, in February 2012 he published a more organic work titled “M&A e Takeovers in Cina – Nuove forme di investimento per le imprese italiane – Le tecniche ed il contesto”, distributed in Italy by Giuffre’ Editore.
- In July 2012 he pubblished his second book (in English) titled Mergers and Acquisitions and Takeovers in China – A legal and Cultural Guide to New forms of Investment, distributed by Wolters Kluwer – Law & Business.
- - Invited speaker in the course “LLM in Chinese Law”, Peking University, Title of the presentation: M&A new instruments to enter the Chinese market. Beijing, (March 2011).
- Invited speaker in the course “LLM in Chinese Law”, Peking University, Title of the presentation: FDI and their functioning - M&A , and Takeovers new instruments to enter the Chinese market. Beijing, (March 2012).
- Invited speaker in the Master of 1° level titled: “Marketing Management for the International Company” – Contribution title: “M&A in China” a new method to establishing a presence in the Chinese market” - University of Bergamo (4th February 2011).
- Invited speaker: Seminar on “FDI in China” at Milan Court, Milan (March, 30, 2012).
- Invited speaker: Seminar on “FDI and M&A in China” - Brescia (December, 13, 2012, Organizer: ATENA team; event dedicated to Italian entrepreneurs).
- Invited speaker: Seminar on “FDI in China” - Milan (December, 18, 2012, Organizer ATENA team; event dedicated to Italian entrepreneurs).
Activities & Affiliations
- Qualified Lawyer (Abogado): “Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Salamanca” (25 October 2006);
- “Established Lawyer” (Avvocato Stabilito, according to Directive 98/5/EC); Iscrizione Albo Avvocati: 12/04/2007 (Ordine degli Avvocati di Milano).
- Italian (Native)
- English (LL.M., Exeter University, Exeter –U.K.)
- Spanish (LL.M. Universidad de Valladolid, Valladolid – Spain)
- Mandarin (fluent in spoken language)